September has flown by, and Stem clients are once again in high gear. Here’s a look at what they’ve been up to over the last month:
- Our newest client, Themis Solutions, Inc. is preparing to officially launch its flagship product, a web-based practice management tool Clio. Delegates at the ABA Solo and Small Firm Convention in Santa Fe, NM will be among the first to get a glimpse at the legal Software-as-a-Service solution on October 1st (yep, that’s tomorrow!). In the meantime, you can sign up for a trial beta account and for a special launch discount at www.goclio.com.
- In a pair of blog posts, West Palm Beach lawyer Ronald Chapman has been pondering the issues of Taser use, excessive use of force, and what happens when police brutality is caught on tape.
- McClanahan Myers Espey LLP commercial litigation lawyer Mike Myers will appear on the Rick Gillis Employment Radio show on Saturday, October 4th from 9-10am CDT. You can listen live as Mike discusses corporate- and bank-owned life insurance (COLI and BOLI) by streaming live radio from The Ticket 97.5 FM. We’re also very happy to see everyone at MME is safely back in their Houston offices after Hurricane Ike!
- Angelo Patane, a Phoenix injury lawyer with Koplow & Patane PLLC, wonders whether the current damages cap of $200 million will be challenged in light of the recent rail accident that killed 26 in California. Check out his commentary on the Arizona Personal Injury and Insurance Bad Faith Blog.
- Products injury firm Hissey Kientz LLP launched a website dedicated to their Digitek law group, called Digitek Recall Help. The site gives consumers the low-down on Digitek (a heart medication known generically as digoxin), why the recall was issued, side effects and toxicity, and current news on lawsuits.
- In the wake of upheaval in the US financial industry, JD Scoop has been collecting reliable, authoritative commentary on the proposed bailout plan. Aviva Cuyler has been updating this “reading list” as new material is posted to JD Supra.
- Mindful of the fact that Canada is never unaffected by the US financial climate, Shauna Towriss of the BC business law firm Clark Wilson wrote an article that’s been republished by BAR-eX. “Slowing Economy Presents Opportunities and Challenges” discusses buying and selling financially distressed businesses.
Another very busy month, but you can’t complain when you have fantastic projects like these to be involved with. Thanks everyone!