2012 is off to a great start, if the momentum gained by Stem’s clients in January is any indication. Here’s a look at what they’ve been up to:
- Inspired by his experience in litigating cerebral palsy cases, elder and child injuries lawyer Jonathan Rosenfeld launched a new microsite, Cerebral Palsy Lawyers FAQ, which contains a vast number of Q&As, reading lists, and helpful websites and organizations.
- Clio, our law practice management SaaS client, made big news when they announced they’d raised $6 million in Series B funding. Congratulations!
- Gowlings produced a new edition of their guide to Doing Business in Canada, and firm lawyer Gary Graham was the recipient of the 2011 Royal Bank Hamilton Distinguished Citizen of the Year.
- Florida attorney Ron Chapman launched a new firm website for his West Palm Beach criminal defense practice. Ron continues to write his blog at www.justiceflorida.com, where lately he’s covered legally resisting arrest, and a recent juvenile disorderly conduct case.
- Product injury law firm Hissey Kientz launched a site devoted to Propecia side effects, and continued to publish on mesothelioma lawsuits and news, and birth defect cases related to Zoloft and Depakote.
- Jonathan Marshall, who writes the New Jersey DWI Lawyer Blog, is now offering criminal defense legal services in Mercer County, Passaic County, and Morris County.
- BC legal support services provider Dye & Durham continued to share helpful information via its Industry News listings and through BC Law Watch – most recently reminding clients that new rules on telephone appearances on foreclosure applications (PD 33) are now in effect.
- The Canadian Corporate Counsel Association live-tweeted from its Master Class for General Counsel event, at which legal futurist Richard Susskind spoke to a group of 50 in-house counsel.
- At the BC Injury Lawyers Blog, Waterstone Law Group lawyer Kim Briscoe wrote about the recent BCCA decision in Fan v. Chana, which examined the test for whether disbursements for expert reports should be allowed.
- Oshawa divorce lawyer Russell Alexander posted videos to his FamilyLLB blog, including an intro to child support in Ontario, answers to common questions about child support, and collaborative practice divorce in Ontario.
- David Canton, who practises at London, Ontario law firm Harrison Pensa, wrote about the province’s new invasion of privacy tort, and described recent caselaw and legislative developments that support or go against privacy.
- Vancouver and Toronto-based tax lawyers Thorsteinssons LLP were named 2012 Corporate Tax Law Firm of the Year by Corporate INTL Magazine, and two of the firm’s lawyers presented a webinar to CGAs on taxation of trusts.
- Mike Myers, a corporate-owned life insurance lawyer at McClanahan Myers Espey, was quoted in an article on The Street, “Why Your Company May Want You Dead“.
- On Pushor Mitchell‘s Canadian Tax Dispute Blog, Kelowna tax lawyer Matthew Kraemer wrote about section 160(1) assessments, and how taxpayers can be held liable for others’ tax debt.
We’ll be back next month with more interesting client news to share.