Five years ago this month, Stem Legal was in start-up mode, just getting our feet wet. A year later we had enough clients to warrant our first official client roundup… and as they say, the rest is history. So without further ado, here’s this month’s list of client news!
- Chilliwack lawyer Daniel Sorensen of Waterstone Law Group launched the firm’s third blog, the British Columbia Employment Lawyer Blog. This innovative site offers separate streams of commentary aimed at employees and employers. Congratulations, Daniel!
- Yet another integration announcement for web-based practice management software Clio! Clio is now fully integrated with Google Drive, which will allow users to create documents from Clio and associate them with matters, share and collaborate with individuals, firms and clients, and leverage OCR and full-text document search within Google Drive.
- Raleigh personal injury lawyer Kim Wilson of Wilson Law PA was appointed to the 2012-2013 Legislative Committee of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice.
- Grant Borbridge, Q.C. of Calgary was named Chair of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association for 2012-2013. The CCCA also presented a very successful stream of in-house counsel continuing ed at their annual conference in Vancouver, held in conjunction with the CBA’s Canadian Legal Conference.
- Illinois elder abuse lawyer Jonathan Rosenfeld received a 10 out of 10 rating from Avvo.com for his work in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury law in Chicago. Of course, we’re not at all surprised!
- On their Tax Blog, the taxation lawyers of Thorsteinssons wrote about the recent “dividend stripping” Tax Court of Canada decision and how Crown pleadings were struck in a tax shelter case. Warren Mitchell, Q.C., was also named the Best Lawyers’ 2013 Toronto Tax Law “Lawyer of the Year.”
- BC legal support services provider Dye & Durham announced a webinar on the new Family Law Act, to be held next month. Dye & Durham is also a platinum sponsor of the upcoming BCLMA 2012 Conference.
- London, Ontario firm Harrison Pensa has partnered with the London Health Science Foundation to present a speaker series on estates, finance and philanthropy, at which wills and estates lawyer Cate Grainger will present. The firm also added installments to two series on their blogs, Friday 5 and 10 Questions with a Law Student.
- New Jersey criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall published a set of new DWI microsites for Wall Township, Tinton Falls, Holmdel, and Brick.
- Tax lawyer Tom Fellhauer of Okanagan law firm Pushor Mitchell blogged about about tax problems that business owners can run into when paying salaries to spouses and children. The firm also announced it will be participating in the Pro Bono Going Public legal advice-a-thon next month.
- Markham, Ontario divorce lawyer Russell Alexander posted a video on how child support payments are taxed, and wrote a great primer on the basics of Ontario family court and its rules.
- Product injury firm Hissey Kientz has added updated settlement information to their Yasmin & Yaz Lawsuits microsite, and fresh content to their transvaginal mesh and Zoloft sites. A new post on the firm’s mesothelioma lawsuit blog discusses a new device that can be used to detect malignant mesothelioma in early stages.
See you next month with more accomplishments and accolades!