Happy Halloween! October has seen lots of big news and events for Stem’s clients. Here’s a quick look at what they’ve been up to:
- Former cabinet minister Lawrence Cannon joined Gowlings as a strategic adviser and chairman of its government affairs group. The firm also opened an office in Beijing, China, bringing its number of overseas offices to three (the other two are in London and Moscow).
- David Sliman of the Fraser Valley law firm Waterstone Law moderated the Chilliwack City Council Election all-candidates debate on October 21st.
- West Palm Beach criminal defense attorney Ron Chapman blogged about drug dogs, mandatory minimum sentences for firearms charges, and self-defense in a case of aggravated battery.
- Clio, our cloud-based law practice management software client, was on location at three conferences this month, including ABA GPSolo. They also shared some tips for using their mobile platform, and released another #Gone Clio user case study.
- Child injury lawyer Jonathan Rosenfeld shared his recommended child safety blogs, and wondered whether c-sections are helping or hindering the health of mothers and infants.
- BC legal support services provider Dye & Durham announced an upcoming complimentary webinar dealing with the new land titles mandatory eFiling system in BC.
- The Canadian Corporate Counsel Association released the Fall 2011 of CCCA Magazine. Highlights include articles on better board meetings, measuring value, IFRS, and a bio of the CCCA’s new chair, Geoffrey Creighton.
- New Jersey criminal attorney Jonathan Marshall reports that while across the US, drunk driving incidents are slowly decreasing, New Jersey arrests are holding steady.
- In their October 2011 newsletter, Kelowna law firm Pushor Mitchell wrote about non-competition covenants in employment termination cases, registering and using a corporate name in BC, and just for fun, the top 3 Halloween lawsuits of all time.
- Divorce lawyer Russell Alexander highlighted five interesting lottery cases in family law, discussed whether affairs must be disclosed when negotiating separation agreements, and wrote about how far back child support from a delinquent father should go.
- Products injury law firm Hissey Kientz introduced new practice pages for Stevens Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis resulting from ibuprofen use, diabetes and heart-related side effects of Crestor, and sexual side effects of Propecia.
We’ll back next month with more noteworthy client news.