Here’s my latest roundup of web demographics and research. I liked the first item so much I brought over the graph:
- Half of US Internet Users Will Read Blogs Monthly [eMarketer]: “51% of US internet users, or 113 million people, will read blogs on a monthly basis. By 2014, the blog audience is expected to rise to 60% of internet users, or 150 million people.”
- The Rise of Apps Culture [Pew Internet]: 35% of U.S. adults have cell phones with apps, but only 24% of adults actually use them. Apps users are younger, more educated, and more affluent than other cell phone users.
- Bing overtakes Yahoo as the Number 2 search engine [NielsenWire]
- Games, Weather and Maps Dominate Mobile App Use [NielsenWire]: Social Networking is 4th, but beats out both Music & News.
- Company Owned Brand Marketing Spend is Increasing -vs- Paid Media Advertising [eMarketer]: Will rise from 6% between 2010 and 2014.
- Top 50 web properties for August, 2010 [comScore]
- European Smartphone Market Grows 41 Percent in Past Year [comScore]
- 4 Out of 5 Internet Users in Australia Viewed Online Video in July [comScore]